Friday, June 18, 2010

There Will Be Blood Most Famous Celluloid Father And Son



Susan King of the Los Angeles Times has written a feature in time for Father's Day which explores some of the more memorable father and son relationships in film.  There Will Be Blood is the first on their list.

There is often a lack of communication between fathers and sons. And that's quite literally what happens between an ambitious oil man and his adopted son in Paul Thomas Anderson's award-winning 2007 loose adaptation of Upton Sinclair'snovel "Oil!" 
A deep rift occurs between oil tycoon Daniel Planview ( Daniel Day-Lewis in his Oscar-wining role) and his young adopted son H.W. (Dillon Freasier) after H.W. loses his hearing in an oil derrick explosion. Instead of comforting H.W., Plainview leaves the hysterical young boy and rushes off to the disaster. After the boy tries to burn the bed in which his father is sleeping, Plainview sends him off to a boarding school for the deaf. The relationship never recovers, especially since Plainview won't learn sign language.

You can check out the entire list which also includes the likes of the Godfather, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Star Wars and coming in at #15 was a page for great gift ideas for Dad linked up to e-commerce stores!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! I like this website so much it's really awesome.I have also gone through your other posts too and they are also very much appreciate able and I'm just waiting for your next update to come as I like all your posts.
    Mom Happy Mothers Day Images

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Herbal Medicine Cured me completely. Does anyone still doubt natural herbs? I've seen the great importance of natural supplements and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I wonder why people still spend their money on surgery, injections and drugs each time they are sick. My Diabetes was totally cured with natural herbs. Earlier this year I was diagnosed type 2 diabetes and my blood sugar was very high, I was recommended to use insulin medication which later have side effect on my health, I decided to stop using insulin medication and was recommended to use Herbal medicine after I read series of testimony of doctor ELINFOH Herbal medicine on the internet, bloggers site and radio stations, I purchased Dr.ELINFOH herbal medicine for diabetes which he sent to my address through a delivery company and I received the herbal medicine within a couple of weeks and the doctor directed me how to use the herbal medicine for 21 days. After concluding the herbal medicine I decided to go for a blood test and my blood sugar was detected to be normal, Today I am diabetes free with no side effects. Contact Dr ELINFOH via email: drelinfohherbalhome@gmail.com  for more information. He has herbal remedies for; Hepatitis, Kidney diseases, Heart diseases, Cancers, High blood pressure, Fat reducing, Infertility, Lyme diseases, Herpes Virus, Cold Sores, Shingles, rectum diseases.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so Happy to write this article because I know it will help a lot of people who are suffering from Herpes. I am here to testify about the wonderful and most safe cure for herpes . I was positive to the deadly Virus called herpes and I lost hope completely because I was rejected even by my closest friends. I searched online to know and inquire about a cure for herpes and I saw testimony online on how Herbalist Valchy cured so many people from Herpes virus and other similar diseases. I decided to contact the great herbalist because I know that nature has the power to heal everything. I contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural roots and herbs. After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure is ready and he sent it to me via UPS and it got to me after 4 days. I used the medicine as he instructed (morning and evening ) and I got cured. it's really like a dream but I'm so happy that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me and if you need his help, contact him via Email: herbalistvalchynaturalremedies@gmail.com or WhatsApp:+2347036769718 reachout to his website https://herbalistvalchynaturalremedies.simdif.com/     

    ReplyDelete